Monday, December 11, 2006

This was evident from the response his show ‘Fashion Files’ generated last week. With collections from designers such as Shantanu and Nikhil, Aki Narula, Suneet Verma, Arjun Khanna, Tarun Tahiliani and so on, the fashion bazaar was an instant success.

But Rohit insists that he has a long way to go. “This is just the beginning for I’ll be soon launching a 20,000 sq feet store; one that will have larger store space and yes, an art gallery as well.”

Ask him about love affair with fashion and he replies matter-of-factly, “I travel a lot in the course of my work as a result of which I now have this passion for clothes. Where art is concerned, my family’s more into it; nevertheless, I find the art world very fascinating.” He then adds how he really appreciates Yash Birla for his contribution to the art fraternity. “It takes a lot of guts to do something you believe in,” he notes.

If this is not enough, he’s even planning to start a parallel two-day fashion week in Hyderabad. “I think Hyderabad’s ready for one,” he observes. And then of course, he’s tied up with Sheetal Maftalal to bring down many more international brands. “Valentino’s just a start; Sheetal’s planning to bring down many more brands and I’ll team up with her to make sure Hyderabad doesn’t miss out on any of this,” asserts Rohit, who’s soon going to be on the cover of the Men’s Health magazine.

Indeed, this Hyderabad boy is going places and how!